The last house, on the north side of the road, 41 Brixworth Road, was built by W Blundell (Ron Bell's great grandfather) in 1885. The field between this and the old cemetery was a quarry for the clay for the brickworks, which he operated from around this time making bricks, floor tiles and terracotta plant pots. The house name is Ard-Na-Greena, named after a small village in Ireland. House later became a laundry, which was delivered by pony and trap. The brickworks were closed by an Act of Parliament in the early 1900s. This was 'sponsored' by Lord Erskine, who owned Spratton Hall, and who objected to the smoke from the works. Mr Blundell, despite having two other brickworks in the area, was bankrupted by this closure. The house was occupied c.1918 (Absent voters List 1918) by Charles James Wood, the man who ran the taxi service. - his two sisters Phoebe Ethel and Lillian Mary, known as Thunder and Lightning, remembered in the village for their large hats and their dominant singing voices in church, as recollected by Ron Bell.