The history of Spratton Hall (with corrections and additions by Spratton Local History Society.
The house was built by Mr Francis Beynon, probably in 1760.
General Whichcote, who fought at the battle of Waterloo, lived at Spratton Hall in the 1840s. From 1849 until he died in 1877 Captain Mildmay Clerk lived here. The estate with 108 acres was put up for sale by auction on 6 October 1877 (Northampton Mercury 8 September 1877), but appears not to have sold as it was sold to Captain Theophilus Gist in 1879. He gave notice to the Bosworths who were farming the Spratton Hall land, and is shown in Kelly's Directory of 1884 as a grazier
William Macnaghton, the 5th Baron Erskine (born 1841) and his wife Lady Alice (born 1844), acquired it in 1890. The farm was let out to Teddy Wykes (owner of Home Farm) in 1941.
Spratton Hall was auctioned in 1945 and bought by Mr and Mrs Phipps (Phipps brewery owners) who sold the estate, which included a farm, seven cottages and 137 acres, for £10,000 to the Cazenoves in 1947. The Cazenoves put it up for auction again in 1948 and it was bought by the Darling family.
The Hall was bought by Kenneth and Joan Hunter in 1951. It is now an independent preparatory school for boys and girls.