Partridge's Exclusive Series of Sepia view Postcards of Spratton
Published for E. Partridge, Ye Olde Established Stores Spratton
295/6 School Street, Spratton.
The Red House, built circa 1905, is on the left. The house in the background to the right of this is the schoolmaster's house. In front of it is a beer house, known to have been such from 1891 or earlier when George Thompson Tassell (?) was the beer-seller. In 1910 it was owned by Phipps with William J Roberts running it. Later a Mrs. Dunkley took this on as a beer house, off-licence and shop until about 1930. It was known as 'Dunkleys'.