Owned by Samuel Pearson from around 1840 - 1889, with Pearson the landlord from 1861 - 1881. In 1889, the business was taken over by T Manning & Co. Ltd (with Levi Richardson running it in 1891), who later in 1907 bought the property from the Wetherall family as mortgagees of Robert Tomblin. Henry Catchlove (wife Sarah Catchlove) was the landlord in 1901, Mrs George Knighthall in 1910. Then it was a Manning pub before Phipps acquired the business of Manning in 1939. Ernie Bryant was the landlord in the war years until 1947, then Lillian Gammage until it was closed in 1960..