This was formed at the end of the 19th century by Mr. Thompson and Levi Richardson. Money to buy the expensive instruments was raised by whist-drives, bazaars and fetes.
One year, they won second prize at the Village Contest for Brass Bands held at Ravensthorpe. In 1901, they played at the party to celebrate the return of Richard Gilby's son, Alfred, from the South African (Boer) War
The Band practised in a slipper workshop in Brixworth Lane. The Band gave its very last performance at a 'Welcome Home' party and the village peace celebration at the end of the 1914-1918 War with their conductor William Richardson, church organist for 36 years.
Standing: William Richardson (aged 23, shoemaker and conductor after his father), Martin Litchfield (aged 36), Levi Richardson (aged 45, shoemaker and one of the band's conductors), John Higgs (aged 53, shoemaker), Joseph Copson Junior (aged 15), Frank Copson (aged 22, carpenter), Alfred Copson (aged 25, bootmaker)
Seated: Edward Austin (aged 32, carpenter), Joseph Copson (aged 49, slipper manufacturer), George Payne (aged 30, mason's labourer)
The Brass Band was in existence in 1895 ('Mercury' article 7 June 1895).