Mrs. Leeson walking down the street, possibly to Mr. Turland the Butcher. Later the butcher's business was owned by Cooper & J. Palmer, and then Frank Copson. The business was sold in 1926 to the Saul family, who celebrated their 75th anniversary in 2001.
The premises, further up the hill from the butcher, were once a Milliner's shop, run by the Misses Cooper & Burrows. After gas came to the village in 1927, it became (in 1930) a fish & chip shop, run by Bill Lantsberry (no connection to the farming family of the previous century), for a short while.