In that year Ernest Edward ('Teddy') Wykes and Henry Lewis Wykes bought the 6 acre Home Close of the western plot, together with the 'stable cow house hovel farm building and dilapidated farm house standing on part thereof'. Included in the sale was land east of the High Street, now No. 16 High Street.
The Wykes also bought the 55 acre north-eastern plot. The remaining 41 acres in the west appear to have been retained by Dr. Bosworth (believed to have died in 1929). The plot south of Smith street was developed as houses in 1936/7.