The land was awarded, at Enclosure in 1766, to Hyde and Walker, who had inherited the 'Rectory'. Millicent had no children, and Anne's daughter married into the Beet family in whom the 'Rectory' became vested. There were two Beet brothers who lived in Harpole and Great Houghton and it is known that, by the 1820s they were the owners. So their Estate was presumably managed by their representatives. Unless the Beets had sold it to others, we shall assume that this 1861 sale was by the Beet family.
The plot, shown as Upper Farm on the 1861 map and the plot marked 1, was bought in about 1880 by the Langham Estate from the Trustees of Edward Studd deceased (he died in 1879 or perhaps 1876) (Record Office FS 23/63). Langham also bought the land to its north and south from Mrs Bosworth, who is shown as the owner on this plan.
Therefore, it is almost certainly the case that Edward Studd (known to have been living at Spratton Hill House - Spratton Grange - in 1861) was the buyer and Beet the seller. It should be noted that Home Farm was included in the sale.
Record Office document FS 23/63 records that the land bought by the Langhams was from Mr Bosworth and also from Studds Trustees (83 acres). The latter ties up with the Hyde & Walker Enclosure northern plot minus the Home Close adjacent Home Farm. So, it is reasonable to assume that these two plots, which were known in the 1820s to be owned and managed by the Beet family of Harpole were probably put up for sale by that family and sold to Edward Studd, who is believed to have bought Spratton Hill House in 1854, and is there in the 1861 census(and may have left in 1866) and who died in 1876.
Sadly the original map has disappeared from the Library.
Per 'Mercury' article 27.7.1861, this farm (in its two parts) was known as Batten's Farm and comprised 287 acres, let to Mr Smith at A RENTAL OF £510. 7s per annum. It included a good farmhouse = Home Farm today.
Acknowledged to Northamptonshire Libraries & Information Service