This is a well built Grade II listed stone house with a date stone of 1684 on the side wall. The trefoil on the date stone is similar to Cotfield outbuildings, so possibly the same stonemason. There is an Interesting window surround detail. Additional windows were added at the front during the second half of the 20th century, as were railings outside for the safety of walkers along the footpath leading to the church. It is seen from the junction of Brixworth Road and School Road.
It was occupied until about 1985 by the Wadham family - John Edward Wadhams (6th Bedfordshire) and Edwin Wadhams (Machine Gun Corps) were both killed in the First World War.