This is a well-built Grade II listed stone house with a date stone of 1684 on the side wall. The trefoil on the date stone is similar to Cotfield outbuildings, so possibly the same stonemason. There is an Interesting window surround detail. Additional windows were added at the front during the second half of the 20th century, as were railings outside for the safety of walkers along the footpath leading to the church. It is seen from the junction of Brixworth Road and School Road
It was occupied until about 1985 by the Wadham family - John Edward Wadhams (6th Bedfordshire) and Edwin Wadhams (Machine Gun Corps) were both killed in the First World War.
The west facing elevation (away from Brixworth Road) was re-thatched in Combed Wheat Reed by Bob Farmer in 1993, the east facing elevation to Brixworth Road by Roger Scanlan and Nick Lovell using traditional Long straw in 2003.