A map of the east side of the north end of Yew Tree Lane, after the two brick houses (Nos 5 & 7) were built (after 1901 before 1909), but before the two cottages on the site of No 3 were pulled down and the existing house built there (c. 1920s). The houses were erected by Charles Green, and there is no evidence of Cheney ownership, so probably not a Cheney-built house.
If the current brick house at No 1 (believed to have been built by Henry Cheney for his daughter Edith) was not there at the time of this plan, the then existing building has the same footprint.
The two Martin-owned houses in the gap between Nos 1 and 3 were occupied by Martin family in 1911.
The deeds go back to 1684, when it appears there were 3 cottages on the site, continuing the run of buildings of this era.