The gravestone as it was then (plot 146 per Family History society). There is a later gravestone there now, either installed after Charles Adams died in 1895 or daughter Mabel May in 1910, as further inscriptions have been added. In the background is Threeways and in front of it is a thatched and possibly cob building, which may have been the building that housed the village fire appliance.
Charles Adams lived at 3 First Turn per the 1891 census (John Lucas was at 1 First Turn, which was Home Farm). There is one further cottage after Charles Adams, so this puts the Adams family in the 'Austin' house. As Charles Adams was a shoemaker, he was the predecessor shoe man in this unit.
The next census entry is a relation of the Adams, Ann Eason, at 1 Backside, probably the cottage in the painting, image number 2254.