Dale House date stone (1754). The initials almost certainly stand for Thomas and Margaret Chapman. Thomas, one of two known (and 4 unknown) sons (other was Edward) of Edward Chapman was born in 1719 in Guilsborough and married Margaret (maiden name unknown), who was born in 1727. The building was constructed in 1754. A lease held by the present owner shows that Thomas Chapman leased this land in 1751.