License granted to Mary Hammond (after her husband Daniel had died). They were landlords of the Rose & Crown (previously the Brickmakers, and before that the 'Live and Let Live'), a Hipwells of Olney Inn until 1922. It became a Phipps house in 1900. Harry Hammond bought the house in 1925 after Phipps had closed it in 1922. It was let to Arthur Copson, who carried on the business of poulterer until 1935, when it became Hammonds Dairy until 1988, when it was bought by the present owner.