This existed here from 1916 - 1999. Prior to this (from 1899) the building was used for pinafore manufacturing by a company called Brook Manufacturing.
The building, shown in the photograph, was bought from Miss Mildred Bevan in 1916 by Sir Mervyn Manningham-Buller, Arthur Gilby and George Cooper with their own funds. They became the first Trustees of the Club. The members raised enough money to buy the Club in 1923. Originally only people who joined the Conservative Party could become members, but by the 1990s it had become a village social club. A private house now stands here.