Watercolour sketch by unknown artist of the house at the north end of High Street, Spratton on its east side. On the extreme right of the picture can be seen the end of a house, which still exists today and is 24 High Street. The subject of the painting, now Waltham Cottage, 28 High Street, was re-developed in the late 19th century, probably in the 1890s. Children and adults wore hats until the end of the century, the children's hats are being carried by their mother. The gate into the fields goes into what was once called 'Rolly Banks'.
Acknowledged to Northamptonshire Record Office reference P 588, deposited pre 1952