Now Northbank house, the home of William Bunting in the mid 1850s.
It looks likely that house was rented to William Cooper around 1851 and his family then continues to live here through in to the 20th century, with the house, buildings and tenements being bought by his daughter Sarah Cooper in 1888.
The first references to William Cooper operating as a Poulterer in Spratton can be found in the Northampton Mercury in 1860 when his labourer, Thomas Wykes, comes 2nd place in the agricultural show by " execut(ing) 8 yeards of tile draining".
In 1867, Thomas Walton is caught stealing 2 hens from William Cooper, Spratton from Market Square in Northampton, so we know William Cooper is in the village and trading his hens in Northampton.
By 1890, the Coopers are well established in the village - "Friendly Societies Hospital Sunday. The societies assembled at Mr Cooper's square and paraded the village headed by the Spratton Brass Band under the leadership of the Mr W. Thompson. At the Church, the curate of Spratton (the Rev J. White) intoned the prayers"
Sarah Cooper who bought the house in 1888 is a deaf Spinster lives in the drapers shop according to the 1901 and 1911 census's (she is a draper). Whilst owning Northbank House, she continues to allow her brother William Cooper to live here whilst she lives at the shop.
The 1911 census shows that William Cooper was occupying 7 rooms (just he and his wife were living here). These rooms show the house had not changed from the advert in 1851 and that he was only living in a part of the current house.
From a website of the contributor and from Helen Millichamp.