The map shows the brick kiln of the Spratton Brickworks run by Mr. Blundell. As it is not shown on the 1883 map, it might be deduced that the brickworks started in 1884/5. Apart from bricks, floor tiles and terracotta plant pots were fired here. Almost certainly the adjacent house, Ard-Na-Greena, built in 1885 used Spratton Brickworks bricks.
The field between the brickworks and the old cemetery was a quarry for the clay for the brickworks.
The brickworks were closed by an Act of Parliament around 1900 (they do not appear on the 1900 map). This was 'sponsored' by Lord Erskine, who objected to the smoke from the works. Mr Blundell, despite having two other brickworks in the area, was bankrupted by this closure