Partridge's Exclusive Series of Sepia view Postcards of Spratton
Published for E. Partridge, Ye Olde Established Stores Spratton
295/7 Third Turn, Spratton
The junction of Smith Street and High Street. Used for the making of shoes in the 1800's, latterly by Mr Austin and his family. In the 1900's, machine manufacturing took over and home workshops disappeared, although shoe repairing was probably carried on here until the 1950s, when it became a private house.