Tommy Wykes farmyard looking up from Manor Road towards High Street with West View, 18 High Street, in the left background. The farmyard is the site of the existing factories which front both High Street and Manor Road.
Tommy ("Spinner") Wykes, the local milkman, farmed up from High Street to where Starvold Close now is - with a milking shed in that location. These fields were a shortcut from High Street to the garage across "The Stiles" (also sometimes called, 'shortcut', 'the jitty' or 'nick nack'. Crossing Brixworth Road, the route went across 'The Piece'. Sandhills, which was started in 1950, broke up this route.