The old Baptist Chapel on the Brixworth Road opposite the church was licensed as a place of worship in 1843. £140 was paid for the building to be used in Trust as a Chapel and Meeting House. The Trustees were William Ekins, William Capell (landlord of the Kings Head), Richard Baker (a farmer). Thomas Warner (a Baptist Minister), William Adams (a farmer), Richard Letts, Thomas Coleman (a blacksmith), John White (a labourer), Henry Cooke (a shoemaker) and Thomas Lebutt (a brazier). It was to be "a place of public religious worship for the service of God by Protestant Dissenters called the Independent and Particular Baptists". It is probable that the building on the site in 1843 was re-faced at this time.
Repairs and enlargement to this had taken place at a cost of £115, raised by subscription, but still £40 short at the time of an article in 'Mercury' on 8 August 1863.
The first minister was Thomas Warner. In June 1880, Rev W L Jones was ordained as Minister ('Mercury' 19.6.1880). After him came was James Roach who died in October 1893 aged 42 years ('Mercury' 20 October 1893). He was buried in the churchyard of St. Andrews opposite the chapel. Rev John Silby became the new pastor in June 1903 ('Mercury' 26 June 1903).
The chapel was closed early in the 1970s and stood empty for a number of years before being converted to a private house in 1982.
Acknowledged to Northamptonshire Libraries & Information Service