Formal opening of the Pocket Park. Originally the parish cemetery, opened in 1905 after the Churchyard was closed in 1903, this was also closed in the 1950s, other than for pre-purchased plots. In 2004, Dave Cooke, introducing wild flowers, with now over 80 species. The Parish Council obtained a Heritage Lottery Fund grant for £10,000 and used its own reserves to carry out extensive refurbishment of the lychgate, wall, railings and the path, turning the area into a Pocket Park.
The official opening took place on June 14, when Susie Pasley-Tyler of Coton Manor formally opened the Park. About 50 residents came to the opening as did Chris Heaton-Harris, local MP, and a representative of HLF. John Hunt talked about the history of the area. The Primary School undertook a three-part project in advance of the opening. Pupils prepared an opening speech, this being won by Molly; took a photograph, won by Joshua; and prepared a collage, won by Hayden
Jay Tindale, John Hunt and Michael Heaton fix the ribbon to be cut at the opening.