The light-grey shaded land (West of A5199, Bunkers Hill and Cranes 1st Field northwards) was owned by Mrs Bosworth and let to Tommy Wykes who later, around 1950, is believed to have acquired it. Tommy Wykes' son Robert farmed this light-grey shaded area after Tommy retired or died. It was sold around 1960 to David Howard, and is now in multiple ownership.
The dark-grey shaded land (remainder of named fields west of A5199 excluding Sand Pits) was owned by Dr. Bosworth (believed to have died in 1929 and presumably husband of Mrs Bosworth). It was farmed by Tommy Wykes' son, Len, after Tommy retired or died. It was acquired from Dr. Bosworth's Estate or heirs by Miss Howard-Evans, who may well have continued the letting to Len Wykes. The present owner, the Garley family, bought it from Miss Howard. The land called Sand Pits was acquired by the Mallard family from Dr. Bosworth, and sold to the present owner in 1996.
The house in the south-east corner of this 1932 map was the house in which Mrs Bosworth lived "a strange property, a long single story seemingly constructed mainly of wood with bitumen" (source John Wykes). In the early 1950s, it was rented to the Cheney family, but it burned down in the mid 1950s "the towering black smoke resembled an Icelandic volcanic eruption". The Cheney family then left the village, and the present house was constructed at some time thereafter.