The property was bought from Mildred Frances Cooper Bevan in December 1916 by Sir Mervyn Edward Manningham-Buller, Arthur Charles Gilby and George Cooper using their own funds. The members raised enough money to purchase the Club in 1923 as recorded by this Indenture. The three original buyers became the first Trustees of the Club. Its original objectives were "to maintain and advance Conservative principles, and, by social intercourse, to promote the diffusion of political information, and the better organisation of the Party." "Only Conservatives, not being under the age of 15, shall be eligible for membership". The Club was sold at the end of the 1990's and demolished, and is now a private house.