Date not known, but probably the same date as image 1909, thus circa 1920 - Yew Tree Lane
The house on the extreme right is 13 Yew Tree Lane, and the Virginia Creeper that now covers the west-facing wall is just starting to come round from the south-facing wall. The building to its left, with the picket fencing around its front was once a public house called 'Live and Let Live' run by William Berridge in 1861. Then its name was changed to the Brickmakers Arms, run by Samuel Blundell in 1871 (later the Blundell family set up the Spratton brickworks in the early 1880s). In 1880 it was renamed the Rose & Crown (the landlord in 1881 was Daniel Hammond) and was owned by Hipwells of Olney until 1900 when they sold it to Phipps. When Daniel Hammond died in 1894, his widow Mary Hammond took over the licence. The pub was closed in 1922, and the property was bought by Harry Hammond in 1925 and let to Arthur Copson, who was a poulterer. In 1935 the use reverted to the Hammonds, who ran it as a dairy in conjunction with their farm. In the centre background is Olde House Farm and 'Threeways' is on the left.