This is part of what was once a 2 acre site, carved out in 1931 from a 6 acre site owned by the Cheyney family. There was a school there in the early 1920s in a temporary building in the grounds of Windyridge (built soon after Knight bought the land) run by Mrs Knight. The school closed in 1926/7. Between 1931 and 1975, the house was called Hycroft. This was its name when Judy Wright and her family, lived at "3 Holdenby Road" (third house down Holdenby Road from the A5199 on the north side) from about 1948 until her parents sold and moved in the early 70's.