Partridge's Exclusive Series of Sepia view Postcards of Spratton
Published for E. Partridge, Ye Olde Established Stores Spratton
295/10 Hall Cottages, Spratton
'Hall Cottages' (demolished in the 1940's) in Manor Road looking towards the junction with Smith Street, with Home Farm in the distance. The building end-on, in front of Home Farm, was once the farmhouse associated with Spratton Hall. This collection of buildings can be seen particularly well on map 2136 from 1886, although the 1900 map still shows them. The buildings are still visible in the 1930s, see image 1479. All these buildings were demolished in the 1940s
The cottages belonged to Spratton Hall and originally were built to house the farm workers. They fell into disrepair and were demolished in the 1950s. The entrance to Tommy Wykes' farm (now the factories) is in the left foreground.