Officially opened by Cllr T C Matts on October 16th 1991. Commemorating 40 years of the Queen's reign, a tree was planted by Mrs Sheila Bradshaw. The name 'Starvold', researched by Mr Bill Wood, derives from an incident on this particular piece of land during the Norman Conquest in which a group of Normans were surrounded and starved to death by the Saxons.
The field name in the 1932 map is 'Starve All', which ties up with the story, but suggests that the name for the 'Old People's' houses should be 'Starve All'. Not a good choice!